ST JOHN’S, Antigua, CMC – Guyana left-hander Shimron Hetmyer has been appointed captain of the West Indies Under-19 squad which will do battle in the ICC Youth World Cup starting this month in Bangladesh. Hetmyer, who has played six first class matches for Guyana Jaguars, is one of two players in the squad with first class experience – the other being Leeward Islands Hurricanes fast bowler Alzarri Joseph. Three Jamaicans are in the squad. They are batsman Shahid Crooks, spinner Michael Frew and fast bowler Odean Smith. Selection chief Clive Lloyd said he was confident the squad would do the Caribbean proud among international opposition. “We have put together a group of players we believe will perform for the West Indies,” the legendary former West Indies captain said. Hetmyer, a free-scoring top order batsman, will be making his second appearance in the Under-19 World Cup after also campaigning in the 2014 tournament in the United Arab Emirates. Joseph, meanwhile, has been viewed by selectors as a fabulous prospect. He made his debut for Hurricanes a year ago and has so far captured 17 wickets in five first class matches, with best figures of seven for 46 against Windward Islands Volcanoes last month. Prior to the start of the Under-19 World Cup, the Young Windies will take on Bangladesh in a three-match 50-over series in Dhaka, which will form part of their preparation. The Under-19 World Cup runs from January 22 to February 14. SQUAD – Shimron Hetmyer (captain), Keemo Paul (vice captain), Kacey Carty, Shahid Crooks, Michael Frew, Jyd Goolie, Tevin Imlach, Ryan John, Alzarri Joseph, Kirstan Kallicharan, Obed McCoy, Gidron Pope, Odean Smith, Shamar Springer, Emmanuel Stewart.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:#80milliontobesavedinemployeeverification, #magneticmedianews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, August 4, 2017 – Nassau – The government’s public sector employee verification of workers which begins next Tuesday could lead to a cost saving of $80M per year in recurrent revenue on salaries; so says John Pinder, the President of the Bahamas Public Services Union. Pinder is reporting that he supports the move by Prime Minister Hubert Minnis, explaining that the process will weed out phantom workers and end other unethical practices which are costing the Bahamian people.The figure of $80.1M comes from a belief, by John Pinder, that Government could save 3% of the $2.67B national budget . Pinder said that dead, incarcerated and missing people are all still being paid by Government and in some cases families are collecting the money. Pinder added that there is even more room to cut back by reviewing those who continue to be employed by Government despite being unfit or unsuitable for their jobs.The Union President recommended that more attention be given to what he called, ‘succession training’. The verification programme, explained the Minister of Finance and DPM, Peter Turnquest is to clean up and see where there can be cuts to the over $650M government current pays per year in public workers salaries.#MagneticMediaNews#80milliontobesavedinemployeeverification
Poor performance ratings for Montgomery, Ala., schools are harming the city and the ability of Air University located at Maxwell AFB to recruit faculty, reports the Montgomery Advertiser. Lt. Gen. Anthony Cotton, the school’s commander, said 56 percent of the airmen in last year’s Air War College came to Montgomery without their families, primarily due to the school system’s reputation. … President Trump on Friday signed legislation reauthorizing the Federal Aviation Administration for five years, extending eligibility for the Military Airport Program to installations closed after Jan. 1, 1966. The program currently is limited to installations whose closure or realignment was announced after Sept. 30, 1977, which generally limits participants to bases closed or realigned since the BRAC era began. The provision was added to benefit the Roswell International Air Center in southeastern New Mexico, formerly Walker AFB, which closed in June 1967.Air Force photo by Senior Airman Alexa Culbert Dan Cohen AUTHOR
India saw two auto launches on Thursday, aimed at different ends of the spectrum. With the rate cut happening on the same day, the launches augur well for the Indian car enthusiasts and customers.Audi R8 LMX ReutersVolkswagen’s Audi premium car devision launched its limited edition R8 LMX, featuring laser headlamps, twice the range of all-LED headlight. The car is touted as the fastest R8 ever, with a 5.2 litre V10 engine producing 570PS of power and 540nm in torque, with a 7-speed S-tronic transmission handling the power produced.The car also incorporates camera-based sensor to detect other road users, which allows the headlights to “adjust light patterns to avoid dazzle.”Not surprisingly, Audi has priced its premium offering at ₹2.97 crore ex-showroom in Mumbai and Delhi.Datsun Go+ ReutersDatsun has finally launched its MPV offering, with an affordable, sub-four metre, seven seater. However, by tucking away the last row of seats, which are good for children alone, the luggage-carrying space grows to 347 litres.The Indian market has grown fond of cars on stilts, featuring an increased ground clearance with more erect driver position.The Go+ is equipped with a 1.2 litre three-cylinder petrol engine coughing up 68PS of power and delivering 20.62 kmpl, as claimed by the manufacturer. It would come with four-versions with prices starting from ₹3.79 lakh to ₹4.61 lakh, based on the variant.The company, a subsidary of French manufacturer Renault has offered a standard warranty for two year unlimited mileage, extendable by another two years with no restrictions on mileage.