DTH operatorShare in QE Sept’2019Share in QE Dec’2019Share in QE Mar’2020Share in QE Jun’2020 Tata Sky31.61 percent31.80 percent32.33 percent32.09 percent Airtel23.39 percent23.31 percent23.65 percent23.83 percent Sun Direct13.78 percent14.35 percent14.53 percent15.41 percent Tata Sky Binge includes OTT platforms including Disney+ Hotstar Premium, Zee5, Sun Nxt, Hungama Play, Eros Now, ShemarooMe, Voot Select, and Voot Kids. It also provides three months of Amazon Prime Video subscription.Which is the best TV under Rs. 25,000? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below. At the end of June, the TRAI data shared by Tata Sky shows that Dish TV and D2h had a market share of 28.67 percent, Airtel had 23.83 percent, and Sun Direct had 15.41 percent. Tata Sky reported that during the last four quarters, it added about 7.5 lakh subscribers. However, if we look at its quarter-over-quarter performance based on the given TRAI data, the operator lost 0.24 percent share since the previous quarter ending on March 31.“We remain the No. 1 DTH and No. 1 Pay TV platform having increased the lead over our nearest competitor. It is heartening to see the overall DTH sector maintain its resilience even in this quarter,” a Tata Sky spokesperson said.Following Tata Sky at the top, Dish TV and D2h jointly came in second, while Airtel stood at third and Sun Direct at fourth position, as per the TRAI data.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Aside from announcing its growth in terms of market share, Tata Sky has also partnered with SonyLIV to bring over 1,000 hours of content to the Tata Sky Binge service that is accessible through the Amazon Fire TV Stick – Tata Sky Edition and Tata Sky Binge+ Android-powered set-top box.- Advertisement – Dish TV and D2h31.23 percent30.55 percent29.49 percent28.67 percent Tata Sky has continued to maintain its leadership in the market for four quarters in a row, the DTH operator announced. Citing the data provided by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Tata Sky reported that it captured a market share of 32.09 percent in the quarter ending on June 30. The operator has also partnered with over-the-top (OTT) platform SonyLIV to offer on-demand shows, movies, and sports content to Tata Sky Binge customers. Tata Sky Binge already offers content from nine OTT platforms, including Disney+ Hotstar, Eros Now, Hungama Play, and Zee5, among others.The data provided in the latest Indian Telecom Services Performance Indicators report by TRAI, shared by Tata Sky in a press release, shows that the operator’s market share grew by nearly 0.5 percent in the April-June quarter 2020 from the 31.61 percent reported in the July-September quarter last year.- Advertisement –
Provincial police spokesman Mohammad Zaman Hamdard told AFP: “In the past two days we have witnessed the most intense Taliban attacks in Helmand.””They have attacked several districts and many military bases,” he added.Elsewhere the insurgents killed at least 20 Afghan soldiers and policemen in a series of overnight attacks in other provinces, government officials told AFP Wednesday. “Taliban fighters attacked at least three army outposts in Imam Sahib district of Kunduz last night, killing at least 10 soldiers and four police,” said Safiullah Amiri, a member of the provincial council.A defence ministry official speaking to AFP on condition of anonymity confirmed the army toll, while the provincial police spokesman Hejratullah Akbari confirmed the police fatalities.The insurgents also attacked police in central Uruzgan province Tuesday night, with the governor’s spokesman Zergai Ebadi telling AFP: “Unfortunately, six police were killed and seven wounded.”The news of the attacks came after Trump told reporters in Washington on Tuesday that he had a “very good” relationship with Taliban political chief Mullah Baradar, with the pair speaking on the phone for 35 minutes, according to the insurgents.”The relationship is very good that I have with the mullah. We had a good long conversation today and you know, they want to cease the violence, they’d like to cease violence also,” he said.But on Wednesday, US military spokesman Leggett warned that the “#Afghans & US have complied w/ our agreements; however, Talibs appear intent on squandering this (opportunity) and ignoring the will of the people for #peace.” ‘Common interest’ Under the terms of the deal, US and other foreign forces will quit Afghanistan within 14 months, subject to Taliban security guarantees and a pledge by the insurgents to hold talks with the national government in Kabul.The agreement also includes a commitment to exchange 5,000 Taliban prisoners held by the Afghan government in return for 1,000 captives — something the militants have cited as a prerequisite for talks but which President Ashraf Ghani has refused to do before negotiations start.Trump has said the Taliban and Washington both “have a very common interest” in ending the war.Since Saturday’s deal signing, the Taliban have been publicly claiming “victory” over the US and on Monday they announced they would resume attacks on Afghan forces, ending a partial truce that provided a rare reprieve to war-weary residents.In the last 24 hours the Taliban conducted 30 attacks in 15 of Afghanistan’s 34 provinces, interior ministry spokesman Nasrat Rahimi tweeted.The insurgents, who have been known to exaggerate figures, claimed on their website to have killed 35 security forces since Tuesday night.Ghani’s government last week sent a delegation to Qatar to open “initial contacts” with the insurgents, but Taliban spokesman Suhail Shaheen on Tuesday said the militants would not meet Kabul’s representatives except to discuss the release of their captives.Apparent differences between the Doha agreement and a separate joint US-Afghan declaration made in Afghanistan underline the obstacles facing negotiators.The US-Taliban deal committed to the release of prisoners, while the Kabul document only required both sides to determine “the feasibility of releasing” captives.Topics : The US launched an airstrike against Taliban fighters to defend Afghan forces Wednesday, an American military spokesman said, as violence spirals after a string of deadly attacks by the insurgents, throwing the country’s nascent peace process into grave doubt.News of the airstrike in southern Helmand province — the first in 11 days — came hours after US President Donald Trump told reporters he had had a “very good” chat with the Taliban political chief, who on Saturday signed a historic deal with Washington to withdraw foreign forces.Since the signing in Doha however, the militants have ramped up violence against Afghan forces, casting a pall over peace talks between Kabul and the Taliban, due to begin on March 10. US Forces-Afghanistan spokesman Sonny Leggett tweeted that the airstrike targeted Taliban fighters who were “actively attacking” an Afghan forces checkpoint in Helmand.”This was a defensive strike to disrupt the attack,” he tweeted.”We call on the Taliban to stop needless attacks and uphold their commitments. As we have demonstrated, we will defend our partners when required.”He said insurgents had carried out 43 attacks on checkpoints in Helmand on Tuesday alone.
RelatedPosts Super Eagles soar on FIFA ranking COVID-19: FIFA count cost to football Blatter faces probe in Switzerland Cardiff City have confirmed they will appeal against Fifa‘s ruling that the club must pay a £5.3 million instalment to Nantes for the transfer of Emiliano Sala.The Welsh claimed said it was “extremely disappointed” with the verdict of Fifa’s Players’ Status Committee, which on Tuesday ordered the club to pay the first instalment of the £15 million fee for the late striker.The Welsh side will now challenge the ruling at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.In a statement, Cardiff said: “Following Fifa’s update on their announcement regarding the transfer of Emiliano Sala, Cardiff City Football Club will be launching an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.“Cardiff City FC is extremely disappointed at the decision of the Players’ Status Committee to award against the club. It would appear the committee has reached its conclusion on a narrow aspect of the overall dispute, without considering the full documentation presented by Cardiff City FC to Fifa.“Nevertheless, there remains clear evidence that the transfer agreement was never completed in accordance with multiple contractual requirements which were requested by Nantes, thereby rendering in null and void.“We shall be appealing to CAS in order to seek a decision which considers all of the relevant contractual information and provides clarity on the full legal situation between our two clubs.“This is a complex matter, which includes ongoing civil and criminal considerations both in the UK and abroad, which will likely have an impact on the validity of the transfer. It is therefore vital that a comprehensive judgement is reached following a full assessment and review of the facts.” Tags: Cardiff City FCFIFA