The Colts’ Reggie Wayne will miss the rest of the season after suffering an ACL injury during Sunday night’s win over the Denver Broncos.Wayne went down in the fourth quarter when he tried to come back and catch a low pass. He wasn’t hit on the play but couldn’t get up after planting his right foot into the turf.Wayne is a big time receiver, so this is bad for the Colts. Last week, he became the ninth member of the league’s 1,000-catch club. The pro-bowler had started 189 consecutive games, which is the longest streak among all active receivers in the league.Coach Chuck Pagano didn’t answer the media questions on whether they would sign another receiver to replace Wayne.
Dan Cohen AUTHOR Two defense-related bills that have stalled in the Senate in recent weeks are unlikely to advance before lawmakers begin a seven-week recess at the end of the week, leaving any further action on individual spending bills for defense and military construction-veterans affairs until Congress returns to Washington in September.On June 28, Senate Democrats blocked the conference agreement for the fiscal 2017 military construction-veterans affairs spending bill from advancing due to their opposition to the $1.1 billion funding package addressing the Zika virus included in the measure. Democrats have criticized the anti-Zika component over the spending offsets Republicans relied on and language related to contraception services.Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has rebuffed demands to reopen negotiations over the conference agreement, reminding Democrats that such legislation cannot be amended.“The time for debate about the content of it is over. If we did what the Senate Democrats said they want to do, we’d get no outcome at all,” he said, reported CQ.Nevertheless, McConnell plans to hold another vote to limit debate on the conference report that would allow it to go to the floor. Similarly, McConnell also plans to hold a second vote to advance the chamber’s FY 2017 defense spending bill, after Democrats last week blocked it from advancing.Senate Democrats say they won’t allow the defense spending bill to go ahead because they don’t trust Republicans to complete the rest of the appropriations process.“What we don’t want is defense-only appropriations and everything else in a CR [continuing resolution],” said Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), ranking member on the Senate Appropriations Committee.Senate Democrats seem to be focusing their efforts on a year-end omnibus spending measure, according to the story.“What we need is an agreement — how to end this appropriations debate this year,” said Minority Whip Richard Durbin (D-Ill.).
WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights from the Wilmington Police Log for Friday, May 11, 2018:A Cypress Street caller reported her house was broken into. (2:32pm)Police issued a summons to Charles A. Hurcombe (38, Stoneham) for Operating A Motor Vehicle With A Suspended Or Revoked License; Speeding; and No Or Expired Inspection Sticker. (6:09pm)A North Street caller reported a vehicle crashed into his mailbox and fence, then left the scene. Police were unable to locate vehicle. (6:17pm)Police sent several juveniles using the Shawsheen skate park on their way. (10:38pm)Police arrested Frank Dearborn (44, North Reading) for Assault & Battery with a Dangerous Weapon; Malicious Destruction of Property Valued at Over $250; and Malicious Destruction of Property Valued Under $250. A caller reported Dearborn was causing a disturbance and threw a beer bottle during an argument. (11:38pm)(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip?Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedPOLICE LOG for August 4: Lowell Man Arrested On Warrant; Bad Crash In Front Of Rocco’s; Syringe FoundIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for August 7: Road Rage On Highway Ramp; Medication Stolen During Open HouseIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for June 27: Stranger Enters Resident’s House; Man Denies Asking Young Girls To Follow HimIn “Police Log”
0 Entertainment Weekly heads to Agrabah. Entertainment Weekly Disney’s live-action adaptation of Aladdin won’t hit theaters until May, but we got a look at a handful pictures from the movie, Wednesday. Entertainment Weekly magazine has new photos of Aladdin, Jasmine, Jafar and Genie (played by Will Smith), who you might remember from the 1992 animated film. Mena Massoud, who plays Aladdin, also tweeted the photos joking, “This is what is looks like when Genie tells Aladdin what he wants for Christmas,” referencing a photo with Massoud and Smith. Just saw Will Smith as the genie in the live action Aladdin remake. My reaction……. #Aladdin pic.twitter.com/v6irLIjRC5— Jason Wesney (@JasonWesney) December 19, 2018 The photos show the streets of Agrabah, the Sultan’s palace and even Aladdin’s monkey buddy Abu. Aladdin is slated for May 24, 2019.The photos of Genie — who was originally voiced by Robin Williams — are getting lots of reaction on social media. One Twitter user lamented: “Genie ain’t blue.” Though some are tweeting out concern that Genie isn’t blue in this batch of pictures, Smith took to Instagram to say he will, in fact, be blue. Post a comment Genie ain’t blue :'( #Aladdin pic.twitter.com/Ia9taqV1nj— BossLogic (@Bosslogic) December 19, 2018 Share your voice This is what it looks like when Genie tells #Aladdin what he wants for Christmas. Thanks @EW for the exclusive pics and interview! pic.twitter.com/nukhzYscu3— Mena Massoud (@MenaMassoud) December 19, 2018 We can show you the world… of Disney’s live-action #Aladdin! Get a shining, shimmering, splendid first look at the reimagined classic in our magical First Look issue: https://t.co/Kwkcdfen5v pic.twitter.com/7NbyiRRcLH— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) December 19, 2018 Tags TV and Movies
Listen Nationally, only 2.8% of recent deportation-related filings were based on alleged criminal activity.The TRAC report also shows that nationally, criminal activity as a reason for deportation has dropped in half in the last five years.Syracuse University’s Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC)“Where previous administrations had focused on people with criminal convictions, the natural, logical conclusion is a higher percentage of people were going to be those without criminal convictions, because they are just picking up everybody,” said Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative deportation defense attorney Julie Pasch.In January 2017, the Trump administration did away with immigration enforcement priorities that encouraged Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to target dangerous criminals for removal. “Under the Trump administration there are a new set of priorities and essentially anyone [in the country without documentation] is a priority now,” said Susan Long, director of Syracuse University’s TRAC research center.However, just because a serious crime isn’t cited, doesn’t mean someone didn’t commit a crime, according to Pasch. Sometimes prosecutors list a lesser immigration offense because it’s easier to prove, she said. 00:00 /00:54 X U.S. Immigration and Customs EnforcementU.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrest company employees on federal immigration violations at a trailer-manufacturing business in Sumner, Texas.Serious crimes are showing up less and less in deportation paperwork filed by federal officials, according to new data from Syracuse University’s Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC). Serious criminal activity was cited in 3% of 24,000 deportation-related court filings in the Houston area over the last nine months, including data from immigration courts in Conroe and Houston. Share To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: