Wood stove cause of fire at Orchardsarea home

first_imgAn early Sunday morning fire that ripped through an Orchards-area home was ignited when an unpermitted wood stove overheated and burned through the floor of a shed, according to the Clark County Fire Marshal’s Office.“The shed burned quickly, and the fire spread to the first and second floors, even the attic of the home,” Deputy Fire Marshal Caleb Barnes said.Firefighters from the Vancouver Fire Department and Clark County Fire District 3 were called around 1:50 a.m. to the house at 15505 N.E. 83rd St.Vancouver Fire Department spokesman Bryan Fredrickson said responding firefighters arrived to find fire coming from the rear of the house on the second floor and an outbuilding engulfed in flames.The fire took about 10 minutes to bring under control, Fredrickson said. It displaced six people — two adults and four children — who were staying with friends within the neighborhood, he said.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *