Week Ending March 07, 2009. There were 1,633 new regular benefit claims for Unemployment Insurance last week, an increase of 90 from the week before. Altogether 18,277 new and continuing claims were filed, 22 more than a week ago and 7,250 more than a year earlier. The Department also processed 1,857 First Tier claims for benefits under Emergency Unemployment Compensation, 2008 (EUC08), 947 less than a week ago. In addition, there were 983 Second Tier claims for benefits processed under the EUC08 program which is an increase of 85 from the week before. The Unemployment Weekly Report can be found at: http://www.vtlmi.info/(link is external). Previously released Unemployment Weekly Reports and other UI reports can be found at: http://www.vtlmi.info/lmipub.htm#uc(link is external).
Fanny Cordero, PANI’s spokeswomen, said that the teenagers were between the ages of 14 and 17. On the evening of March 15, the police arrived at a bar located in Puerto Viejo de Sarapiquí, 80 km to the north of the capital, near the Nicaraguan border. When the police arrived, one of the minors was being forced to enter a room with a customer. One of the girls, age 15, said that she was taken from Nicaragua, with a promise of a nanny job, for which she would be paid $20 per hour. However, she was forced into prostitution by both women, also from Nicaragua. “Every year, PANI assists an average of 35 children that are victims of human trafficking,” Cordero said to the daily La Nación. By Dialogo March 19, 2013 Four Nicaraguan minors, who were forced into prostitution by two women that are currently under arrest, were rescued by Costa Rican authorities at a bar located in the country’s north, “Patronato de la Infancia” or PANI (a private entity benefitting children) told the press on March 17. Costa Rica has enforced a law to counter human trafficking since February 2013, which sets eight to 16-year sentences to those promoting human trafficking activities involving minors in exchange for any sort of payment.
“The IOC held a series of internal consultations with IOC members to hear from them in preparation of the IOC Session, which will be prepared by the IOC Executive Board in its meeting on June 10, 2020,” an IOC statement said. It was announced earlier this month that the IOC Session would take place virtually on July 17 due to the coronavirus pandemic. The meetings will be held as the IOC and Tokyo 2020 work to reorganise the Olympic and Paralympic Games, postponed to July 23 to August 8, 2021 and August 24 to September 5, 2021, respectively. read also:IOC approves $800m to address COVID-19 crisis There are concerns the Games will not be able to take place without a vaccine, while Bach has acknowledged that Tokyo 2020 will be cancelled if it is not held next year. More than 5.8 million cases of coronavirus have been reported worldwide, resulting in more than 350,000 deaths. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 International Olympic Committee (IOC) President, Thomas Bach, has consulted with around 100 members on the consequences of the coronavirus pandemic. IOC chief Thomas Bach announcing unprecedented decision to postpone Tokyo Games on Tuesday Bach spoke to the members across three different sessions. He discussed the handling of the pandemic and listened to the thoughts of the IOC members. Olympic Games executive director Christophe Dubi, IOC sports director Kit McConnell, IOC director general Christophe De Kepper and chief operating officer Lana Haddad were also present on the calls. The IOC’s medical and scientific director, Richard Budgett, also spoke about the issue of a coronavirus vaccine and the resumption of sport.Advertisement Loading… Promoted ContentCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them8 Fascinating Facts About CoffeeA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeWorld’s Most Delicious FoodsWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe8 Scenes That Prove TV Has Gone Too Far7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth
In stoppage time, with Chelsea already guaranteed a four-point lead at the top, mayhem broke out following a terrible tackle by Sergio Aguero on David Luiz.The Argentine was shown a red card and, as players piled in, Fernandinho was also dismissed for pushing Cesc Fabregas over the advertising hoardings.City’s goal was a soft one with Cahill displaying technical deficiency, trying to clear Jesus Navas’s cross with his right foot when he needed to use his left.City piled on the pressure after the break with De Bruyne forcing a fine save from Courtois and more comedy defending almost gifting a goal for Aguero before De Bruyne’s open-goal miss from Navas’s cross.It was a costly error as Fabregas found Costa with a lovely, long ball which he controlled on his chest before outsmuscling Nicolas Otamendi and firing the equaliser.Costa then put Willian clean through, the Brazilian firing across Claudio Bravo into the corner before he marked his goal with an emotional raising of his black armband to honour those who died in the Chapecoense air crash.After Hazard had latched on to a long ball from Marcos Alonso to sprint clear of Aleksandar Kolarov and net the third, City’s frustration got the better of them as Aguero’s wild knee-high lunge on Luiz resulted in furious scenes with all 22 players and staff being involved in a melee.Luiz, with his knee bandaged afterwards, refused to be drawn on Aguero’s challenge. “I don’t like to speak about these type of things. Aguero is an amazing player who does a lot for football,” he told Sky Sports. “I want to dedicate this win to the people who died in Brazil. It was difficult to get my head together as I had some friends there. We just need to pray for the victims’ families.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Chelsea came from behind to secure a dramatic 3-1 win at Manchester City and forge clear at the top of the Premier League as their top-of-the-table clash ended in a mass brawl with two City players sent off.Diego Costa, the league’s leading marksman, scored his 11th of the season on the hour to equalise, substitute Willian notched on the counter-attack 10 minutes later and Eden Hazard sealed Chelsea’s eighth straight win in the 90th minute.Gary Cahill had given City a deserved lead just before halftime, slicing the ball into his own net with a clumsy attempted clearance, and the home side had chances to wrap up the points after the break as Kevin De Bruyne missed from three metres when it seemed easier to score.
Who else believes that? The loss to Iowa comes on the heels of a disastrous early signing period that saw USC rank last in the Pac-12 in recruiting and 78th overall. Bohn was on the sideline on Friday night, but hasn’t tweeted in nearly a month after being heavily criticized on social media for his controversial decision to retain Helton.USC has a young team, and returns Slovis in 2020. But that won’t matter if the mistakes that have hurt the Trojans every week in 2019 remain next season. As long as Helton is in charge, the fans will remain skeptical.And it’s unlikely that things will get better soon. USC opens next season against Alabama. Maybe the “bright days” Helton spoke of were for Week 2 next season, against New Mexico. No. 19 Iowa had just dismantled No. 22 USC 49-24 in the Holiday Bowl, providing another black eye to the program since athletic director Mike Bohn announced Helton would return next season.WOLF: USC, Bohn must answer Helton question sooner rather than later“They played better than us,” Helton said of the loss. “Simple as that.”Helton was right. Iowa deserved to win, and it was easy to figure out why. USC repeated the same mistakes that have caused most its struggles this season. The defense couldn’t stop Iowa, the offense never ran the ball and the special teams committed a critical error.Not that any of that deterred Helton after the game.”We believe in championships here,” he said. “Just as the fan base might be frustrated, the coaching staff and players are frustrated . . . (but) we’re going to be a very good team next year.”Former USC tailback Reggie Bush was more stark in his summation:“At the end of the day, USC was out-coached,” Bush said postgame on Fox. And although Helton is back next season, some of his assistants are not expected to be so lucky.Helton didn’t want to address staff changes after the game, but defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast and special teams coach John Baxter are two assistants who may no longer be on his staff next season. Neither looked great on Friday.Iowa scored 49 points in its romp over USC — even Middle Tennessee State held the Hawkeyes to 48 — with just 328 yards of offense. But the Hawkeyes converted 8 of 13 third-down attempts, and one fourth down attempt. Quarterback Nate Stanley completed 18 of 27 passes for 213 yards and two touchdowns. Running back Tyler Goodson and receivers Tyrone Tracy Jr. and Ihmir Smith-Marsette each rushed for a score.USC’s special teams missed a field goal — down 42-24 with 5:12 remaining — and allowed Smith-Marsette to return a kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter, right after the Trojans had tied the game at 14-14. Iowa never led USC by fewer than four points after that.USC stagnated offensively after quarterback Kedon Slovis left in the third quarter with an elbow injury. But even before he got hurt, the run game was nonexistent (the Trojans finished with 18 carries for 22 yards). At one point, they threw 36 passes while its tailbacks ran only times.MORE: Early signing period latest loss for HeltonThat lopsided attack was fine against Arizona, Colorado, Arizona, State, California and UCLA. But Iowa is a good team, dominating the line of scrimmage against the Trojans and consistently dissecting USC’s defense with more disciplined play: all the things that seemed to hurt this team the past two seasons.“Bright days are ahead,” said a seemingly oblivious Helton. SAN DIEGO — USC coach Clay Helton walked off the field in San Diego on Friday night, then started running as he approached the tunnel.Helton saw the small group of remaining Trojans fans in the stands of SDCCU Stadium and knew what was coming: more boos directed at the embattled coach.
More than two months after Mohammed Sedee Falee, the Mauritanian who was temporarily released from a 10-year prison sentence for having brought back three of his biological children who he was found guilty of kidnapping in his native-land, could likely go back to jail.This time, he will go to jail for refusing to underwrite the medical expenses and feeding of the children.To make sure that he takes full responsibility of his children, the lawyers who fought a legal battle to have Judge Roosevelt Willie of Criminal Court ‘A’ to harshly punish Falee, have already written to the court.The legal counsel is also asking requisite government institutions, donor agencies and humanitarians to come to the aid of the kids, who are experiencing serious medical problems.In their letter, a copy of which is in the possession of the Daily Observer, the lawyers said since the children arrived in the country, and the subsequent court decision, Falee and his Mauritanian family have abandoned the children, thus leaving their upkeep with their mother, ex-wife Jamiah Sillah.Jamiah was the one who accused her ex-husband of being responsible for the disappearance of Mr. Falee and the children in Mauritania in 2009.It was through her effort that Sierra Leonean police officers arrested Falee and subsequently surrendered him to their Liberian counterparts for prosecution.It also took the intervention of Chief Justice Francis Korkpor, and the Consul General of Mauritania, accredited near Monrovia to convince Falee to return the kids, despite threat from the court to jail him.In that letter under the signature of Atty. Swahilo Sesay, the lead counsel accused Falee’s lead team for being behind his resistance not to cater to the needs of the kids.“He’s only concerned about footing the legal bill of his counsel for which he had recently paid U$15,000 just before the children could arrive in the country for his subsequent release from prison on the ground of medical reason,” Sesay claimed in the letter.According to the letter, prior to Falee’s release from jail, he vowed never to provide any support as long as the children lived in Liberia, especially under the custody of their mother.“The condition of the kids continues to deteriorate and if prompt attention is not taken regarding their medical status and funds I fear that it might cause other major problems, which they would blame on their mother.“This is why I am bringing this issue to the attention of the court for the proper course of action regarding child support,” the lawyer said.The letter went on, “We have spent over US$1,000 to do their laboratory tests at International Poly Clinic and they are expected to return to the clinic in two weeks.”According to laboratory report the oldest child (female) 17, suffers from ulcer.The second child, 14, (a boy) suffers from urinary tract infection also result of mending cows.The third child, also a boy, 11, suffers from kidney complication.“With these situations,” the letter concluded, “we request Your Honor to intervene and have Falee brought back to this court to give money for his children’s feeding; clothing and medication.”Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)