Gold Coast home comes with purpose built recording studio

first_img It was purpose built so is sound proofed. It has music and mixing rooms as well as an office.“His background is in recording music and sampling so he got approval to build that shed and then had it … properly and acoustically designed,” he said.“To have that sort of setup in that location, it’s pretty special.”He said it was rare for properties with recording studios to hit the market so it was music to many buyers’ ears when they did.After about a week on the market, Mr Scartozzi said he was already fielding interest from potential buyers, including one who also sampled music for artists.“I had someone who called me that’s interested who is moving from Sydney,” he said. More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa9 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day agoThe studio is in a shed that is adjacent the house. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:27Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:27 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenWhy Spring 2019 is a good time to sell01:27 “We’ve actually had offers too, it’s up to (the buyers) though to decide whether that stops the auction process.”The acreage estate includes a two-storey house with an entertainment terrace and pool, a double garage with shed and powder room, a second shed and multiple rainwater tanks.The recording studio has a separate driveway, which also makes it an ideal dual living option.“Any shed that lends itself to being made into a nice man cave or working from home scenario is great,” he said.The Bradman Drive residence will go under the hammer on December 15 at 10am. The Currumbin Valley estate at 9 Bradman Drive comes with a recording studio.AN unusual feature of one Gold Coast property will hit the right note with musicians and producers.The Currumbin Valley residence, which will go to auction next month, has its own sound proofed recording studio with music and mixing rooms adjacent its six-bedroom house.LJ Hooker agent Roberto Scartozzi, who is marketing the property with Lisa Psaras, said the owner had it purpose built for his work. MORE NEWS: Precious property comes with $100k worth of crystalscenter_img MORE NEWS: Family splurge on luxury holiday homelast_img read more

Report: Lakers won’t hire new team president to replace Magic Johnson

first_img Trail Blazers, Grizzlies advance to NBA play-in game; Suns, Spurs see playoff dreams dashed Magic Johnson has always been a hard act to follow.After the 59-year-old Hall of Famer resigned last month as Lakers team president, the franchise has decided not to appoint a successor.An ESPN report outlines that the Lakers will keep their power structure as it’s been operating since April 9, with General Manager Rob Pelinka as the chief basketball decision-maker. He’ll report directly to team owner Jeanie Buss.While the Lakers haven’t shown a pressing concern to replace Johnson, the report is the most definitive indicator yet that the Lakers aren’t searching for a new team president. The streamlined power structure would both serve to increase Pelinka’s influence in the organization, as he previously reported to Johnson, while also increasing his accountability for the Lakers’ state of affairs. The Lakers are preparing to publicly introduce Vogel on Monday. Since his hiring became official earlier this week, the 45-year-old former Indiana Pacers and Orlando Magic coach has been in Chicago with other Lakers officials for the NBA Draft Combine conducting interviews and evaluating prospects.TOP DRAFT TARGETS PLAY COY AT COMBINEIf it feels like there’s not a lot of information available about the Lakers’ potential targets at No. 4 following the NBA Draft Combine, get used to it.It’s a commonly used tactic at the top of the draft to withhold information, in the interest of protecting one’s stock, rather than sharing. With the Lakers slotted for a top-five pick, many of the players who have been rated in their draft range are participating only in portions of the league’s annual meat market in Chicago.Related Articles How athletes protesting the national anthem has evolved over 17 years Lakers practice early hoping to answer all questions Several top prospects, including Duke’s Zion Williamson, Murray State’s Ja Morant, Duke’s R.J. Barrett, Vanderbilt’s Darius Garland and Virginia’s De’Andre Hunter opted out of testing altogether. Others who might be on the Lakers’ radar were more choosy: Duke’s Cam Reddish and Texas Tech’s Jarrett Culver did body measurements but opted out of athletic testing and shooting. Most of the projected first-round prospects did not participate in the Combine scrimmages Thursday and Friday.It’s a path that is well-tread by the Lakers, who have had the No. 2 overall pick in three of the previous four drafts, picks that became D’Angelo Russell, Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball. Top prospects generally schedule private workouts for the teams in position to select them.Reddish, one of the vaunted Duke trio who is expected to be taken in the top 10, said he had met with the Lakers among many other teams.center_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with PackersThe team’s urgency is building to return to the postseason after a six-season absence. Among the more impactful decisions Pelinka will be charged with include how to use the Lakers’ No. 4 overall pick in the draft on June 20, as well as how to recruit from a heralded class of free agents hitting the market on July 1.Pelinka, 49, has been general manager since early 2017 when he was brought in by Buss to work alongside Johnson. The larger bulk of his professional experience has been as an agent, when his most high-profile client was Kobe Bryant.Buss and other front office figures have largely been tight-lipped since Johnson departed in dramatic fashion, with an impromptu press conference before the Lakers’ regular-season finale on April 9. While Buss, team advisor Kurt Rambis and other top officials have been heavily involved in the team’s coaching search which eventually yielded Frank Vogel, only Pelinka has so far spoken to reporters on the record, most recently after the Lakers’ secured the No. 4 pick at the NBA Draft Lottery in Chicago.Pelinka insisted on Tuesday night that his role as GM hadn’t changed for draft preparations despite Johnson’s abdication.“My role as the GM right now is the same as it was when we selected Lonzo Ball (in 2017) with the second pick, which is our last high pick,” he said. “My role hasn’t changed since then.” Lakers, Clippers schedules set for first round of NBA playoffs Trail Blazers beat Grizzlies in play-in, earn first-round series with the Lakers Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more

Two Senior Lawyers Escaped Incarceration

first_imgIn its opinion (judgment) on Wednesday, August 13, the Supreme Court took several drastic measures against senior lawyers and their clients, as part of effort to restore the credibility of the Judiciary.Some of those affected by Wednesday’s decision were Cllr. Musa Dean, Cllr. Nicholas Edward and their client, one Allen E. Brown.Dean and Edward are both senior counselors of the Supreme Bar and members of the Dean and Dean Law Firm.Cllrs Dean and Edward had filed a “Bill of Information” against the late Cllr.  Emmanuel Kollie, the Judge, who heard the case between their client, Allen Brown and his wife Meata Huge Brown.A Bill of Information is a formal written accusation made by a prosecutor attorney charging a named person with a specific crime.Delivering the High Court’s opinion on the matter, Wednesday, Associate Justice Jamesetta H. Wolokolie publicly ordered that “Counselors Musa Dean and Nicholas Edward both of the Dean and Dean Law Firm are hereby fined US$500 each, which is to be paid within 72 hours. This is an abuse of the legal process.”She further stated that their punishment ranges from suspension, expulsion, fine and detention.“Because of the outbreak of the Ebola virus and our decision to decongest the prison center, we will not send them to jail,” Associate Justice Wolokolie stated.“They misinterpreted the domestic relationship law, in their Bill of Information filed before the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, on behalf of Allen Brown. Though, similar request was denied by then Justice in Chamber,” she disclosed.  “But, they chose to disrespect the Chamber Justice and filed the bill directly to the Office of the Chief Justice,” she maintained.In furtherance of the High Court’s opinion, Justice Wolokolie ordered that “The request for the Bill of Information is hereby denied and the ruling of the Civil Law Court is confirmed.”She continued, “Mr. Brown is hereby ordered to pay US$30,000 to his wife, Mrs. Meata Huge Brown for failure to support her over the years, and also ordered to give her US$1,500 monthly.”In addition, the Associate Justice said, “There is no divorce proceeding between them, neither are they on separation.”In the bill, they were seeking the High Court’s approval to overturn a ruling of the Civil Law Court against their client, Brown.They alleged that the late Cllr.  Emmanuel Kollie, then judge of the Civil Law Court, ruling against their client was in error.Their client Allen Brown was sued by his wife, Mrs. Meata Huge Brown, claiming non-persistence support.In her lawsuit, Mrs. Brown further alleged that she and her husband were still married, but he chose to deny her access to their properties.It was based on that, she complained to the court to compel her husband to give her little over US$22,000 for her monthly upkeep.However, after carefully listening to the case, Judge Kollie ruled in her favor and ordered Mr. Brown’s lawyers to negotiate with her for a better settlement.Instead, of negotiating with Mrs. Brown as was advised by Judge Kollie, both Dean and Edward advised their client not to do so and filed the bill.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more