A measure of economic activity in each of the 50 states shows that the ones most reliant on the energy industry are suffering, while most of the U.S. is seeing solid growth.The Philadelphia Fed’s state coincident indexes for April, show 42 states with gains, seven with declines, and one — Indiana — unchanged, compared with their levels from January. A coincident index is set to the trend of its gross domestic product, using variables on jobs, hours worked in manufacturing, the unemployment rate and real wages.In the 12 months to April, the U.S. index grew by 3.1%, which is stronger than what GDP data over the same period suggests. (The map shows growth over three months.)What binds the seven states in decline is their exposure to the hard-hit energy sector. North Dakota, Wyoming, Alaska, Iowa, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania all are exposed to the industry through either fracking, conventional drilling, refining, or in Iowa’s case, ethanol. continue reading » 6SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
All three fires are believed to have started on the third floor and its possible that it could have been one fire that rekindled twice. No “accelerate” or anything that could hasten the spread of a fire has been found at the residence, Gaffney says. Gaffney says the icy conditions have made it hard to find evidence. He says it could be an accident or “suspicious.” Investigators are still interviewing people about the fire and they say that anyone with information regarding it is welcome to reach out to them. RELATED: 3rd fire breaks out on Charlotte Street Sunday morning Fire investigators told 12 News that at least 15 people lived in the residence but more people could have been inside when the fire broke out. BINGHAMTON (WBNG) — Fire officials say no cause has been ruled out for the 25 Charlotte St. fire from this weekend. Binghamton Fire Investigator Robert Gaffney told 12 News the cold weather has made it difficult to determine what caused the fire to burn three times.
Read also: COVID-19: #IndonesiaTerserah trends as frustration mounts over physical distancing violations, govt policiesHe said a total of 1,124 migrant workers had entered the province after arriving at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Cengkareng, Banten, while 21 others had arrived at Tanjung Emas port in Semarang.“Also, on Friday, 69 people that were repatriated from Dili, Timor Leste, landed in Juanda Airport [in Surabaya, East Java]. They have undergone rapid testing, and we have prepared three buses to take them to Central Java,” Ganjar said on Monday.Ganjar said he had received information that 747 Indonesian migrant workers in Malaysia planned to return to Central Java via Ahmad Yani Airport in Semarang from Monday to Saturday.“The implementation might be different. The data was sent to us so that we could be better prepared,” he said, adding that, on Monday, only 57 of the expected 158 migrant workers had arrived.The arriving citizens would be quarantined at the Central Java Human Resources Development Agency (BPSDM) building in Srondol for two to three days while waiting to be transported their respective towns, Ganjar added.He said the returnees would be regularly examined, would undergo rapid testing and would observe health protocols at the BPSDM building. Those who tested positive in rapid tests had been separated from those who tested negative.“We have prepared enough space. We hope everyone is healthy,” said Ganjar, adding that strict health protocols would also be applied to those arriving by sea.Ganjar called on regency and city administrations in the province to prepare to support all migrant workers undergoing the required 14-day quarantine. (syk/asp)Topics : A total of 132,978 Indonesian citizens abroad — consisting of crew members, migrant workers and students — had arrived in the country as of Monday, the national COVID-19 task force has said. Of those, 591 had tested positive for COVID-19.Of the returnees, 4,343 arrived in Jakarta, 1,493 of whom have been repatriated to their respective regions, while 2,850 others were undergoing testing in the capital, task force chief Doni Monardo said.“Of the total number, 279 have tested positive for COVID-19 through swab tests and are now receiving treatment at the Wisma Atlet [COVID-19 hospital in Central Jakarta],” Doni said in a video conference on Monday, as quoted by kompas.com. The number also included 203 Indonesians who arrived in Jakarta on Friday from Barbados, 131 of whom had tested positive for COVID-19 prior to their departure to Jakarta.Authorities in Soekarno-Hatta International Airport directed the charter flight that was carrying the returnees to land on a designated portion of the runway and took the repatriated citizens for a second round of rapid testing at the airport, kompas.com reported.Doni said 15,300 other Indonesians had arrived in Bali, 312 of whom had tested positive for COVID-19. “They are currently being treated at 13 referral hospitals in Denpasar and its surrounding areas,” Doni added.Central Java Governor Ganjar Pranowo said that more than 1,000 Indonesian migrant workers had returned home to Central Java after their work contracts expired or they were granted long-term leave.
An Ohio patrol officer has been arrested after he allegedly attempted to kidnap a 12-year-old girl and urinated on her when he was unsuccessful.The incident occurred at the girl’s bus stop along Euclid Avenue in Euclid.Officials say 34-year-old Solomon Nhiwatiwa approached the girl and offered to give her a ride to school. When the girl decline Nhiwatiwa attempted to continue his conversation with the child but she continued to shut him down. The patrol officer then drove away but later returned to the bus stop, with his genitals exposed. He then approached the girl and began urinating on her while appearing to record himself in the act.Investigators zoned in on Nhiwatiwa as their suspect because an hour before the incident involving the child, a neighbor contacted police about a man in a blue SUV peering into car. The neighbor was also able to give authorities the suspect’s license plate number.He has since been indicted on eight counts, including attempted kidnapping, pandering obscenity involving a minor, disseminating matter harmful to juveniles, endangering children, criminal child enticement, public indecency, assault, and attempted interference with custody.
Golf clubs in England are being urged to enter the Bridgestone DriveGuard Trophy and give their members the chance to play in the pro-am of one of the European Tour’s biggest events.Club events will be the first step of an adventure which could take players to one of six regional finals on a premium course, before a date in the pro-am of the Bridgestone Challenge event at Heythrop Park, culminating in the pro-am of the British Masters supported by Sky Sports at The Grove in October, hosted by Luke Donald.The club rounds will take place during March, April and May.The six regional finals will be played at Burnham Beeches Golf Club, Buckinghamshire; Ganton Golf Club, Yorkshire (pictured, image © Leaderboard Photography); West Lancashire Golf Club; Heythrop Park, Oxfordshire; Royal North Devon Golf Club; and the London Club, Kent.The top three players at each final will play in one of six teams at the pro-am of the Bridgestone Challenge Tour event in August. The winning team there will go on to play at the pro-am of the British Masters in October.The Bridgestone Driveguard Trophy is supported by England Golf and brought to you by the world’s largest tyre manufacturer. It’s free to enter and open to all club members in England – men, women, boys and girls.Competitors will also receive the following gifts when purchasing four Bridgestone DriveGuard tyres at participating retailers within six months of their club event:• An official British Masters supported by Sky Sports shoe bag• A dozen Bridgestone golf balls• A free MOT for your car after the tyres are purchased.Click here to view a video about the Bridgestone DriveGuard trophy 1 Apr 2016 Start a journey to play with the stars!
Advertisement 237hkNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs7Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E8xzpoa( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 2lzpWould you ever consider trying this?😱9xtyCan your students do this? 🌚82Roller skating! Powered by Firework Mayank Agarwal will replace Shikhar Dhawan in the Indian ODI squad for the series against West Indies with the latter yet to recover from a knee injury. This will mark Agarwal’s second call-up for the white ball format. Advertisement Shikhar Dhawan’s injury suffered at the recently concluded Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy has not healed yet forcing the selection committee to make this call. The left-hander was unavailable for the ongoing T20 series as well with Sanju Samson roped in as a replacement.Advertisement In a media release, the BCCI claimed that Dhawan is close to recovery but not fully fit:“The BCCI Medical Team feels that while Dhawan’s stitches are off and his wound is healing gradually, he still needs some more time before he regains full match fitness,”Advertisement This marks the second occasion this year where Dhawan is ruled out of the team. The Delhi southpaw was forced to withdraw from the World Cup squad after a scintillating hundred against Australia owing to a hairline fracture on his thumb. The injury kept Dhawan out of the World Cup in England.Mayank Agarwal has arguably been one of the most consistent players in the country over the course of the last two years. After making his mark and sealing his place at the top of the order in red-ball cricket, the 28-year-old will look to translate his test cricket success over to limited overs.This will be the second occasion where Agarwal will be a part of the Indian white-ball squad after already been called-up for the World Cup earlier this year as a replacement for the injured Vijay Shankar. It seems to be seen whether Agarwal will be thrown right into the mix alongside Rohit Sharma or will KL Rahul get the nod ahead.The three-match ODI series will commence from December 15 with Chennai, Vishakapatnam, and Cuttack given the hosting rights.Here’s the updated Indian contingent for the 3 match ODI series:Virat Kohli (capt), Rohit Sharma (vice-capt), Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (wk), Shivam Dube, Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Deepak Chahar, Mohammed Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar.Read Also:Find out what Kevin Pietersen and Brian Lara have to say about Rishabh Pant’s place in the Indian Cricket Team!Ravi Shastri warns off rumour mongers: Don’t mess around with MS Dhoni’s plans! Advertisement
By Bruce Fuhr,The Nelson Daily SportsAfter three weeks of the High School Boy’s Basketball season the L.V. Rogers Bombers have won a tournament, finished second and now have placed third. The Bombers dumped the Brooks Bison 62-40 to capture the consolation title at the Mount Baker Wild Christmas Classic Tournament Saturday in Cranbrook. “This was a 22-point win but it didn’t seem like it . . . the boys were fighting the ball all weekend,” said Bomber coach Blair D’Andrea. “Our passes weren’t clicking. We seemed to be out of synch. But they played outstanding defence through the whole tournament, especially in this last game.”LVR held period leads of 14-8 and 29-22 before breaking the game open with a 22-point third quarter. Clay Rickaby led the way for the Bombers offensively with 18 points. Two-guard John Zak had 15 while Grade 11 center Adam Grace had 13 points.“Player of the game went to John Zak who showed some leadership,” D’Andrea explained. “He showed us some step-and-a-half moves from the middle. John was slashing to the hoop instead of just shooting three-pointers.”The Bombers opened the tournament against a 4A school from Lethbridge, Catholic Central Cougars. And it wasn’t pretty as the Alberta power drubbed the Bombers 87-41.Jason D’Andrea led the anemic LVR attack with 10 points while Rickaby had seven and Zak eight.LVR finished second in the pool by defeating Selkirk Storm of Kimberley 81-58. The Bombers struggled out of the gates, trailing 15-13 before taking a 57-55 lead at the half.In the third LVR blew the game open en route to the victory.“We didn’t play that well . . . on the whole Bombers teams haven’t played that well in that (Mount Baker) gym,” D’Andrea confessed.Rickaby and Zak led the way, scoring 22 and 21 points, respectively. Jason D’Andrea had 18 while Jesse Zak and Adam Grace turned in strong games offensively for LVR.LVR is now 7-2 on the season. The team is idle for the Christmas break. The only action is the Alumni Tournament December 26 at the [email protected]
Wondering where to eat out tonight? Here’s our update on South Africa’s restaurant guides, plus where to go for restaurant and food news, features, recipes and more.All this food has got to be washed down with something – and South African wines have been earning rave reviews internationally for 300 years. Here’s the SA wine story, plus online guides, wine routes, and where to buy on the web.Eat OutEat Out is an annual listing guide featuring independent critics’ reviews of over 800 restaurants countrywide.Eat Out neither charges restaurants to be listed, nor expects them to pick up the tab for its meals, making it “the most objective and definitive restaurant guide in SA.”The Eat Out website is comprehensive interactive restaurant guide that allows visitors to find the perfect place to eat out in their area, post their own restaurant reviews or read what other diners have to say. Eat Out’s top 10 SA restaurants Truffle PigTruffle Pig’s online restaurant guide features a selection of South Africa’s top-performing restaurants. The restaurant’s ratings, awards and visitors comments are included, along with downloadable menus and chef profiles.Also check out Truffle Pig’s wine, whisky and gourmet travel guides, culinary dictionary, info on food and wine pairings, dishes unique to South Africa, and more.Wine MagazineWINEmag.co.za publishes restaurant reviews featured in Wine Magazine – and lets you to search for them by category or area. A good guide if you’re looking only for the best restaurants.More restaurants, recipes & food newsDining-out.co.zaUse the handy restaurant search function to locate an eatery you already know or search for somewhere new and exotic. There’s also a map search, wine news, chef profiles, features & more.WhatToEat.co.zaFour ways to search – including a map search – for restaurants, pubs, diners and grills in SA. Strongest on the main centres.What2night.co.zaUser-friendly online restaurant and nightspot guide for Gauteng province.Eating out in Jo’burgDining out page of the City of Johannesburg website, with a restaurant guide searchable by cuisine or by suburb, as well as review of “historic”, “elegant” and “unique” restaurants in the city.Other restaurant search engines:Dining.co.zaRestaurants.co.zaWebdining.co.zaFOOD24Includes a collection of over 10 000 recipes. The site is completely searchable and allows you to store recipes in your own online ‘recipe book’.ShowcookWeb-based magazine carrying articles about food in South Africa and abroad, including book reviews and recipes.Confrerie de la Chaine des RotisseursSite of the international society devoted to fine dining. Lists events of the various baillages, or chapters – there are four in South Africa. These gatherings are usually black-tie dinners at top restaurants, but are occasionally more informal events.South African Chefs AssociationMainly for professional chefs and restaurateurs. Offers links to chefs’ associations worldwide, a job site with posts in South Africa and overseas, a list of industry events and food festivals, and pages by a range of chefs, most with recipes.Traditional South African RecipesTraditional South African and African recipes are offered on this site, which comes complete with a photo of the eponymous Pete, who looks like a Limpopo Province game farmer. There’s also a newsletter.Homesick South AfricansAnother site for expatriates. Among its offerings are recipes for biltong, including drawings and measurements for making your own biltong box. If that’s too arduous, there’s information on where to find the stuff overseas.SouthAfrica.info reporter
Read Next Palencia, who was discovered by UST in the Palarong Pambansa two years ago, has been tipped to make an impact for the Tiger Cubs in their UAAP juniors campaign. John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding The Bullpups—who are gearing up for their UAAP juniors campaign—held their own in the tight match as Torres took charge before finishing with 15 points and four rebounds.Lyceum, though, avoided an upset as it turned back another tough high school squad in Chiang Kai Shek with a 69-61 decision.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutCarl Lumbao paced the Pirates with 16 points and 4 rebounds, while CKSC’s John Galinato topscored with 22.In the 17-under division, University of Santo Tomas blasted Lyceum, 69-57, behind Kobe Palencia’s 18-point outing. QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles08:25Pagasa: ‘Ineng’ maintains strength, landfall unlikely01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion Mourinho has dig at Man United fans over style View comments Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA National University’s high school squad continued to impress as it downed another collegiate Team B opponent in the Milcu Sports Basketball Presents Got Skills Elite Showcase.Behind Reyland Torres, the Bullpups slipped past La Salle, 74-70, in the 25-under division recently at Lyceum gym.ADVERTISEMENT Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH MOST READ